POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : +UA bug ? : Re: +UA bug ? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: +UA bug ?
From: Slime
Date: 26 Jul 2002 14:59:44
Message: <3d419c20@news.povray.org>
> I notice little similar problem - glass with IOR and dispersion is
> transparent (as it schould be) in 8x8 4x4 2x2 steps, but in last 1x1
step -
> glass is render as non-transparent

Shouldn't be, actually, if it has an IOR. This has been discussed in the
past. The reason that it shouldn't be transparent is that what you see
through it isn't what's directly behind it. Same idea as when a reflected
object reflects the sky - just because you see the sky through it doesn't
mean it should be transparent. Making those areas transparent would make it
unrealistic when layered in a 2D editor on top of a background image.

In any case, it's intended to be that way. (Though I don't know why it's
non-transparent during the first few steps.)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]